I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 11, 2011

Numbers 15:38-39 “Give the following instructions to the people of Israel: Throughout the generations to come you must make tassels for the hems of your clothing and attach them with a blue cord. When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the Lord instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do."

My Thoughts
God wanted the people to have a visual reminder to do what was right...to do what He ask them to do. I really like this idea! We need reminders...that is why it is good to read our Bible each day and put the words of God in our heart so that we will remember then when we have decisions to make to choose that God would want us to do.  The words of God need to guide our hearts, our words, our hands, our feet.  I love the idea of something visual to remind me to think of what God would want me to do.  This could be a string around my finger... a cross around my neck... My dear husband always makes sure that I get a heart of some kind for Christmas... always... a heart reminds me always that he loves me.  The sight of a heart can melt my my heart and makes me think of  Robby everytime I see one.... I am going to look for something to have to remind me of God's love... to remind me to choose always what God would have me do...I think it might be a key... Because God is the key to happiness, love, forgiveness, freedom, peace, right living... God is the key to life...and abundant life... I feel truly, hopelessly blessed that I discovered how to have a relationship with our Amazing, Wonderful, All Mighty God. What will you choose to remind you?

No comments: