I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3.30.11

Psalms 71:6 Oh Lord, you alone are my hope.  I've trusted you O Lord, form my childhood.

My Thoughts
The devil loves to get in our heads and tell us that a situation is hopeless.. he will plant that seed and he hopes that the seed grows and that hopeless thoughts take you over.  Our hope comes from God alone..that is whay we need to praise God in all situations... when we praise God it draws him close to us.... Think about it like this... if you were in a hallway...and you got to choose from two rooms to go into.. and you got to peek in first...in one room people were talking on and on about sad things and bad things...they were grumbling and complaing...they were talking about all they didn't have...all you and not done for them they were never happy.  In the other room they were singing your praises... being thankful... excited to see you... talking about all the good things that you had done for them... just going on and on about how wonderful you were.  There would be no doubt which room we would want to go into... in the first room we would think I couldn't help these people if I tried.... in the second room it would just feel good to be there...and if those people that were in there loving us with all their heart needed something we would do our very best to make sure that they have it... God is like that ...He comes close to us when we love Him and praise Him and thank Him..and he is right there when we need Him... When we trust in God we have hope....all hope comes from God.  God is hope and love... God is everything we need... all that we need.  God loves taking care of the people that love him.  Psalms 100:4 says "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and courts with praise.".. that is telling us that if God came and got us at any moment in our life that He wants us to be praising Him and thanking Him when we get there... the only way to be doing that is to be in constant praise of God... to be constantly thankful.  God is our hope.... and God is bigger than anything we face in our life... so drawing God near with praise and thankfulness is a must if we want our lives to be filled with hope.. with joy.. with love.  If we do this..when the devil plants that seed of hopelessness we can keep it from growing by saying out loud to the devil himself... "God is my hope... with God I never have to feel or be hopeless!"...and we can kill that seed of hopelessness before it even takes root.

No comments: