I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 18, 2011

3.18.11

Luke 3:8 Prove by the way you live that you have really turned from your sins and turned to God. Don't just say, 'We're safe -- we're the descendants of Abraham.' That proves nothing. God can change these stones here into children of Abraham.

My Thought
This is so important.... it reminds me of that song "And they will know we are Christians by our love by our love." If we are a Christian... if we claim to be a Christian no body should have to ask if we are.  Our actions and our reactions (that is the harder one sometimes) should show that we have Jesus in our hearts. What if when Jesus came back He decided if we were a Christian by the way we were acting at that very moment?What if our  actions at  that split second would determine if we lived or died? As Christians we need to be aware of our actions and our reactions, we need to be on constant guard of our sins and repent as soon as we know we have done something wrong.  We need to study and learn God's word and make it a part of our heart so we know when we have done something wrong we will know that we have.  If we don't know we can fix it.  We need to live as if Jesus were standing right beside us in the flesh.  If somebody ask your friends or your co-workers if you are a Christian would they be able to say "yes?" As Christians we need to want to make sure that we live our live so the people closest to us and even the stranger on the street will know that we are a child of the most high God. The people around us need to know that we are Christians by our love. 

No comments: