I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 14, 2011

3.13.11

Psalms 57:9-10 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people. I will sing your praises among the nations. For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

My Thoughts
David was telling God I will tell everybody about your love and faithfulness...I will thank you God so the people will know that what I have comes from you!!... This is what we need to do... be very aware that what we have in our life does come from God... our abilities to work, to achieve our goals... the ability to even have a goal is a gift from God... Our health comes from God.... when we get in a car each day among hundreds of other cars and get safely from one place to another...that is God's protection... we need to keenly aware that the clothes on our back come from God that the food in our tummies come from God....the shoes on our feet come from God.  The fact that we can go home each night to a safe, warm house...surrounded by people that love us...that is a most precious gift that comes from God.  We tend to go about our days.... just going about our days...we get so caught up that we don't even notice our haves...and if we live in America we have so much!!... We need to be aware of all that God has given us and thank Him for it... daily... hourly.... constantly!!... We need to let others know that God gave us what we have.... We need to sing God's praises for all that we are.  When we do this people will begin to notice what God does for us... even if they are not aware of what God does for them..they will begin to give God credit for good in our lives, when we give God credit for the good in our lives... then they will begin to notice that God does do good things for them too.  When we thank God among the people...when we let our little part of the nation know that we love God ... lives will change around us... our lives will begin to change too.  When we use the gifts that God has given us for His good...when we thank God for what he has done.. when we share with others about how good God has been to us... the heavens will open up and God will pour out his blessings on us (Malachi 3:10)....when we thank God among the people...when we sing God praises... when heaven opens up and pours out its blessings upon us the people around us will see how wonderful God is and they will want what we have!! If you have ever wondered "How can I be a witness for God?"... You can be an wonderful witness for God by giving God praise, by giving God credit, by saying thank you to God among your small part of the world and the people around you will see...they will begin to ask why you glow and you will have your chance to be a witness for God and his wonderful, wonderful love!



No comments: