I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11

Luke 8:15 And the seeds that fell on the fertile soil represent honest, good-hearted people who hear God's word, cling to it, and patiently produce a huge harvest.



My Thoughts
"Fertile soil" I read this and thought you know fertile soil doesn't just get that way... it doesn't just happen...and it doesn't stay fertile without work.  To keep a garden growing you have to weed it... and add more fertilizer... and as time goes on you add more fertilizer... and the better you tend your garden the healthier the plant are...the bigger the fruit grows.  When we ask Jesus to live in our hearts we have to keep our hearts healthy... and we have to feed our hearts with the Word of God... the better we feed our hearts the more our relationship with God grows...the more we grow as a Christian... the more we are able to be the good, kind, caring, loving people that God intended us to be.  I have heard this story always about the seeds being scattered on the different soils... I think I have gone through each stage of soil...I have been the footpath... I have been the rocks... I have been the thorns... it took me a long, long time to even know how to be the fertile soil... fertile soil takes work.. it takes time and dedication...it is not always the easy way... but it is always worth the effort.  When we feel like God is being choked out of our life by the cares and riches and pleasures (Luke 8:14) of life...we need to remember to  take time to fertilize our hearts with God's word..the only way to get a seed to grow is to nurture it... pamper it... take time for it... fertilize it.  When we do that we will blossom into something amazing.

No comments: