I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, March 20, 2011

3.20.11

Psalms 63:1  O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

My Thoughts
Have you ever had everything you wanted, well pretty much everything you wanted and still been empty, unhappy?... You knew you should be happy... all was right with the world, or so it seemed... but something was just missing.  We were made by God for God.  Our souls were set up to need God.  Just like when a body doesn't have the water it needs it won't function right. Our souls won't function right without God.  Our souls know something is missing when our minds don't.  When we have ask Jesus into our heart...but we don't spend time with God getting to know Him... learning what he has in store for us our soul is thirsty and nothing else will fill that thirsty place up. 

This has been my experience for sure.  I spent years as a Christian not getting to know God.  I often felt like something was missing.  I had depression at times in my life when it didn't make sense.  I had it "all"... a wonderful husband, two great kids... a nice home... my parents... a loving brother...But I could feel so lonesome.  So out of balance.  My life changed completely when I started reading my Bible every day and saying my prayers.... it truly did... it took a few months for me to really notice, I think because it took a few months for me to start really get what I was reading... it took a while for me to learn to start applying it to my life.  The difference in how I feel today is astonishing!  I would love the whole world to feel like I feel.  I have such peace...and amazing peace.  I am happier than I have ever been in my life.  . Do I still have problems that come up... sure I do!  But those problems don't take control over my any more... I give them to God... I use to know I was suppose to but didn't know how.  I have this joy that  you can't explain it is something you have to feel.  I have always been a people pleas-er, now I like it when I please people... it is really nice when I please people.  But now I want to please God more... so pleasing people isn't so important and God gives me a book of instructions on how to please Him! People don't. Love I feel love all around me!  God has placed people in my life that make me feel loved.  God has surrounded me with the most amazing people this past 15 months. God keeps putting them in my path.  When I want to learn something new, there somebody is that I would have never met before, just in my path helping me learn what I want to know.  Because I have filled up soul up with God nothing is missing any more...and when I need something it's always there, always. God left a place in our soul for Him because He can provide us with all we need.  He just want us to want Him in our lives.  It is up to us to fill our soul with God and His love..then God does the rest.

No comments: