I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 5, 2011

3.5.11

Mark 12:32-33 The teacher of religious law replied, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth by saying that there is only one God and no other.  And I know it is important to love Him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbors as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law."

My Thoughts
This is the part of this verse that really stood out to me today, "I know it is important to love Him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength."  All my understanding!!.... You do have to understand God before you can love Him completely.  I loved God since I could remember, I was suppose to!... So I did. But, I really didn't understand God at all. I knew that God was suppose to be there for me. I knew that I prayed to Him. I knew he loved me enough to send His only Son to die for my sins. That was as much as I understood.  So my ability to love God was limited.  The more I spend time putting His words in my heart and applying, applying them is an important part of  understanding them, the more I am able to love God.  The more I am able to love God the stronger I become and the more strength I have to love God the more ability I have to love the people around me, including myself.  Understanding what God is all about gives me the power to love God with all that I am!  I just didn't know before.  I have learned that God does not answer prayers that are outside His will.  That would be like telling a child "Oh sure you can play in the street, I love you to much to tell you no."  I have learned that God loves giving me love and peace, God loves giving me ability. God loves giving me friends that love Him. When I pray inside the will of God, God loves answering those prayers.  God wants to give me everything he just wants me to be ready.  Like we want our children to be "ready" to drive a car. We want them to have the ability to handle the car, make wise decisions about driving the car  and we want them to be safe. We want  the people around them to be safe.  The more I understand just how much God loves me the more understanding I have and the more I can love God back.  My journey through the Bible the last 15 months has given me so much more understanding of who God is, of why God is, of who God is to me. Now I don't love God because I am suppose to, I love God because I can't help myself.  "If you find yourself thinking. " I know I am suppose to love God, and I do but." Pick up your Bible, the  version that you can best understand and increase and expand your understanding of who God is, why God is.  With that understanding you will find strength, a larger capacity for love, you will find the choices in your life will be easier. Your live will begin to change in amazing way.  The journey is so worth the time.

No comments: