I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 25, 2011

3.25.11

Deuteronomy 4:5-6 Look, I now teach you these decrees and regulations just as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may obey them in the land you are about to enter and occupy. Obey them completely, and you will display your wisdom and intelligence among the surrounding nations. When they hear all these decrees, they will exclaim, ‘How wise and prudent are the people of this great nation!’

My Thoughts
Oh who doesn't want to be wise...who doesn't want to be considered wise!... My Grandmother, my Mawmaw was the wisest person I have ever known and she had only a sixth grade education.  But boy was she wise.  The most amazing things would come out of her mouth.  From the time I was a small, small child I can remember her reading her Bible.... she had this huge Bible on her coffee table filled with beautiful pictures.  I loved picking up that Bible and asking her about the pictures... she would tell the most amazing stories about the pictures in that Bible.  She could tell the stories because she knew the stories...they were a part of her heart.  And even with her limited education she was smarter than many collage graduates I have met.  She was wise because she did what God ask her to do... she was wise because she spent time learning about what God expected of her... she was wise because she spent time in prayer with God. My grandmother was wise in dealing with people...she could squeeze a dollar out of a penny... she could advise you on any subject.... especially love.... and she would listen for hours...she gave without ever making a person feel like they would own her something in return. When my Mawmaw died she was 96...there were all kinds of people there telling stories about how sweet and kind my grandmother was... how she was always there to lend a helping hand...how she took them in when they had no place to go... how she feed them when they were hungry... she had done the things God had ask of her.  She had used her wisdom... the kind of wisdom that only comes from God... and she had be rewarded with a long life... great health... and a wealth of friends young and old that knew what a good person she was.  I can only hope that one day my grandchildren (when I have some) will see me in the same light as I see my Mawmaw.  My mawmaw would say "It all starts with God."

No comments: