I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 26, 2011

3.26.11

Psalms 68:19 Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms.

My Thoughts
As soon as I read this verse today I felt comfort.  I pictured a tired two year old reaching up to their daddy... hands stretched out...and that daddy picking up that child... we have all seen and smiled at this very picture of life... the child wraps their arms around their daddy's neck lays their head down... and before you know it they are all safe and sound and fast asleep.  No matter where they are... in a crowd... or safe at home... they feel all wonderfully safe and secure...they know without a doubt that nothing in this world is going to hurt them or bother them... their daddy has them and they are all safe and they feel all safe.  They just rest in their daddy's love.  This verse made me know that I can come and sit on my couch and say "God I am here for you to hold me and keep me safe so that I can rest."  and when I do I can feel complete peace and comfort... I just tired it.... and it felt amazing.  When we are exhausted..no matter where we are at we can call on God and ask him to carry us in his arms...just like we were two and we can feel that wonderful peace... we can feel out bodies relax...I know that  if we  take the time to do this for just a few minutes in the middle of a busy day  God will give us peace and rest... He will relax our bodies and our minds...our souls and the rest of the day will be easier to bare.  This is a really exciting verse.  I can't wait to put it into action!

No comments: