I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3.23.11

Psalms 66:5-6 come and see what our God had done, what awesome miracles he performs for people! He made a dry path through the Red Sea, and his people went across on foot. There we rejoiced in him.

My Thoughts
Could you imagine standing there in front of the Red Sea and watching the waters roll back.... and the land under it dry up...can you imagine walking through those walls of water.... on dry land! We can hear this story and know that that must have been the most amazing thing to witness...and we can wonder how those people who saw that miracle could ever doubt what God can do.  Yet we see amazing things every day...things that weren't possible 60 years ago that are so routine now that we forget they are amazing miracles.  People have their appendix taken out and we hardly bat an eye... but one day not to far in the past that was an amazing feat, a miracle.  We see babies and mom's saved all the time through c-sections... but the first c-section was a miracle to the people that witnessed it...to the people that heard the story.  We get new medical breakthroughs all the time... peoples lives are lengthened because of tiny pills that were once thought of as a miracle.  It is amazing what God does for us all the time.  But we are so spoiled that we forget to notice things that once seemed as big as the parting of the Red Sea.  I had an aunt die at the age of 3 for a disease that could not be cured... 10 years later another one of my grandmothers children got the same disease... the gave her a series of shots and today she is 65... I know my grandmother knew those shots were a miracle.  We need to take the time to remember the daily miracles in our lives...the people we still have because of a pill... or a successful surgery... the fact that a flower pops up out of the ground.... that food can grow from a tiny seed.  There are so many things to thank God for ... so many things to rejoice about. We need to remember on a daily basis all the miracles God places in our lives and say "Thank You God!"

No comments: