I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3.16.11

Luke 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased."

My Thoughts
Over the last 15 months I have learned more about peace than I ever knew before. I have learned more about living my life in a way that was pleasing to God.  I don't consider myself a bad person before the last 15 months. I always tried to do good, and to do the right thing. I didn't always know what  the right thing was. I still don't. But as I began to read my Bible last January, every day, and as I begin to surround myself with godly people, wise people I began to learn about peace.  Part of my problem before when I was being good and sweet and kind was that I was trying to please people, not God.  I was constantly racked with anxiety, did I please this person? Did I please that person? Then I would displease one person because I did something to please another.  I would end up doing something "wrong" no matter what I did.  Pleasing God simplified my life... at first it seemed like it would be hard to do.... but it is quite the opposite.  The more I read my Bible and the more I learn about God and his wonderful love, the more clearer my choices in life become.  Every time I make a choice to please God with my words, actions, steps, hands the calmer I become. The more peace I feel in my soul. When somebody ask me to do something instead of jumping on the YES, so that person will like me, I think will this please God now and in the long run? I give myself time to think about it. I think it through to the end.  If saying yes will cause me to do something or feel something God would be unhappy with I say no. For instance if somebody ask me to do something that is long term and I know that down the line I will be frustrated and feel like I have been taken advantage of, I know that my resentment will not be pleasing to God, then I say no. If it is something that will please that person and isn't really what seems to be a bad thing...but it's not a good thing either I can say no.  It narrows my choices in a good way. I have found that when I do what God will be pleased with I walk away with peace in my heart.  I have also learned that when I do what God directs me to do that He leads and protects my steps... when I live inside the will of God I live under His protection.  When I choose to live outside the will of God I choose to forfeit God's protection.  As long as people live on this earth that are not trying to please God our world will have war and stife, fear and violence because those people are choosing to live outside of God's protection. But for those who choose God, who choose to please God. God will give them peace on earth, peace in their heart.  I know this because I have lived the difference.  I have a calm about me like I have never know.  I have learned that when that calm goes away, I have moved outside of God's protection and I put myself in check, I ask forgivness of my sins and I begin to praise and thank God for all he has done for me.  When I do this, even in the hardest of times I feel a peace that passing all understanding. I know, that I know that I know that no matter what happens I am going to be okay.  Before, I learned how to truly have a relationship with God even on my best of days I never flet like I was going to be okay. I felt like the world would crumble at my feet at any second. Now I feel like even if the world does crumble at my feet God will be there to catch me and I will be okay. I don't always do it right, I don't always make the right choices. But God knows I am trying, and my effort, pleases God... in return God gives me peace.

No comments: