I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3.1.11

Proverbs 10:20-21 The words of the godly are like sterling silver; he heart of a fool is worthless. The words of the godly encourage many, but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense.

My Thoughts
We have all opened our mouth and inserted out foot or feet.  We know before we start, almost that we should stop. But, we don't we keep talking!  Often those very words come back to worry us, haunt us even. We do this in anger, frustration... sometimes from a complete and utter lack of good judgment. When we do we are being foolish.  If we keep in our mind that all that is foolish, completely foolish we would take care of half the times we open our mouth. None of us want to look like a fool.  Just the the thought that what we are about to say is going to make us look like a fool eventually would stop us in our tracks.  So this verse is a good one to remember.  How do we make our words like sterling silver?  We seek after God, we seek His love and His wisdom.  We seek to be like Jesus in all that we do.  To be like Jesus, we have to know Jesus.  Truly know Jesus.  Then we began to have wisdom... and we check ourselves before we speak... we understand when what we are thinking or are about to say is right or wrong.  We feel the Holy Spirit talking to us.  But to know and to feel and to hear we have to take time.  I have so learned this in the past 15 months ...I had ask Jesus into my heart..at a young age.  I had tried to be good, but often times not achieved being good at all!  I had ask Jesus to be a part of me without taking time to be a part of Jesus.  I just didn't know how, I didn't get it!! I still have so much to learn!  A lifetime of things missed to cram into what I have left.  But as I have read my Bible the last 15 months, daily.  As I have surrounded myself with wise people of God and listened to what they could teach me. I have learned to hear the Holy Spirit talking to me... leading the way.  At first I would know I should shut up...but I would just keep talking!!...now when I hear that voice in my head saying "You don't want to say that! You don't need to say that."  I know that I know that I know that it is the Holy Spirit teaching me to be wiser.  When I listen I get to walk away without any worry about what I have said that I shouldn't have.  The more times I do that the more times I get the opportunity to hear the Holy Spirit tell me what is good, and sweet and kind and encouraging to say. Then I get to be the kind of person that builds people up, that helps strengthen relationships.  I get to walk away and feel happy and free.  I don't wake up in the morning and worry about what I have said.  And all I had to do all along is to take time to really get to know God.  Take time to know how to be more like Jesus, to take time to learn to hear and listen and then act on what the Holy Spirit was teaching me.  What I can tell you from this past 15 months is the time it takes to learn about God... to get to know God that time will be given back to you multiplied! How do you multiply time you might ask, it's simple, when you truly listen to God guide your steps, your hands, your words and your actions you don't have to spend near as much time fixing things you have messed up.  Because God doesn't mess up.




No comments: