I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 4, 2011

3.4.11

Mark 12:15-17 Should we pay them, or shouldn't’t we?” Jesus saw through their hypocrisy and said, “Why are you trying to trap me? Show me a Roman coin, and I’ll tell you.”  When they handed it to him, he asked, “Whose picture and title are stamped on it?” “Caesar’s,” they replied.  “Well, then,” Jesus said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” His reply completely amazed them.

My Thoughts
We have all heard this...I recognize "Give Caesar's what is Caesar's" as from the Bible.  But until today I never really got this!!... Truly got it.  This verse is telling me it doesn't matter if somebody is taking everything you have.  If somebody is taking more from you than they deserve, give it to them!  What matters is if we give God what belongs to Him. Genesis 1:27 says that we are made in the image of God.  Just like that coin was made in the image of Caesar.  We belong to God!  We need to give to God what is God's and that is us, that is our heart, and our soul, our love, our actions, our steps, our words. All that we are belongs to God and we need to give to God what is His. Think about it this way...when something belongs to us don't we take really good care of it!... Our babies are ours (for a while) and we take better care of them than we take of ourselves.  Well God will take better care of us than we can take care of us.  We can run to Him when we are afraid and he will hold and protect us.  When we need to  take new steps he will hold our hand and teach us how. God will only do what is the very best thing for us.  But he gives us the choice to give to Him what is His. When we give to God what is his, when we give God us, all of us, He takes us in and cherishes us. He counts even the number of hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30). God treasures us (Psalms 139:13-14). God cares about  out comings and goings (Psalms 121:8). God values us more than Caesar could have ever valued his gold.  So lets give to the world what is the worlds but lets give our all, our person, our steps, our words, our works, our heart to God.





No comments: