I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3.2.11

Proverbs 10:27 The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.

My Thoughts
I love this...it made me feel more at peace this morning when I read it.  Satin loves to heap sorrow on us... sin in our lives brings on sorrow.  But God is only about goodness and love....I looked up sorrow it is defines as mental suffering or pain caused by injury, loss, or despair. I though when we loose someone we love don't we feel sorrow...then I remembered a girl that I met at Hobby Lobby just the other day... we got to talking and her mom has a brain tumor.  She loves God, you could tell...and she would tell you so.  Her mom loves God, the girl told me so. When I said I am so sorry about your mom she said "It is going to be all right... my mom is ready to "go home" she told me so just the other day.  I am at peace with this." Will she miss her mom? Sure she will...but because of God's great love she won't have sorrow.  I have learned when I feel despair that I have stepped away from God in some way. When I draw Him back to me He brings that wonderful peace with Him. God will heap his blessing on our lives when allow Him close enough to do so.  I am learning that when I feel God far away that I have moved away from God.  To move God back to me I just have to start praising Him. Don't you love to be around those people that praise you?... So does God! When you find yourself in despair and you feel like you can't even think straight just start with "I praise you God, I praise you God, I thank you God, I thank you God." Say this over and over and over and you will feel God move near... you will feel the peace that comes when God is close. You will push the devil away and along with it the sorrow that he brings with him making room for God's great blessings. In life we have the choices that come with free will. I choose God.

No comments: