I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3.9..11

Numbers 13:7-8 I would speak to them in dreams. But not with my servant Moses. Of all my house, he is the one I trust. I speak to him face to face, clearly, and not in riddles! He sees the Lord as he is. So why were you not afraid to criticize my servant Moses?”

My Thoughts
God loved Moses so much!  God did not want people talking about Moses.  God loves all of us so much that he sent his only son  to die for us.(John 3:16) Do you think God wants people to talk about us... or us to talk about people.  Yet when we run out of things to say we tend to talk about people.  I know I am guilty...in fact most people I know are guilty of talking about somebody at some point in time.  It even happens, often happens in God's house, the Church. We need to listen to what Thumpers mother said in Bambi, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  Imagine how we could change our world around us, at least our own life if we did not ever talk bad about somebody else.  1. We wouldn't eve have to worry about what we had said, if somebody was going to repeat us. 2. If nobody every heard us say a bad thing about anybody else no one would believe it if somebody said we said a bad thing about them.  3. Imagine how much we would build up the people around us if we only spoke good about others. 4. If we started practicing this we would begin to notice what somebody did right, we would notice the good in others and we would learn to see the good instead of the bad. 5. Others would start seeing only the good in us. 6. God would be so pleased with us, so proud that we were learning to do what he ask.  I imagine that the list of the benefits of not talking bad about anybody would be more far reaching than one could even understand. This one thing could change our own personal world, it could change the workplace, it could change the Church, it could actually change the world. Mahatma Gandhi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world." I, myself, me would love the world to see my through rose colored glasses... so I will do my best to see others and the world the same way.  What are you going to choose to see in others, what are you going to choose to say about others?  Lets start this journey together today lets "Be the change we want to see in others." Lets choose to make God smile.



No comments: