I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, March 10, 2011

3.10.11

Proverbs 11:4 Riches won’t help on the day of judgment, but right living can save you from death.

My Thoughts
I have learned that God never ask me to do something that doesn't make my life better... that doesn't make my life easier, even if it is harder to start with.  When God tells me not to worry to give my worries to him it frees up my day...I get more done... I have more energy... and I have discovered that all my worry before didn't change the outcome of one single thing.  I have learned when I do for others I just feel good and it takes my mind off of anything that I might be going through.  I have learned that when I don't gossip I don't have to worry about what I have said.  I have learned that when I spend time with God each day that I stay on track with His will much easier.  I have learned that all I have to do is try my best to do what God ask o me and He will take over when I need Him. I have learned that thinking good thoughts doesn't make me a good person it is acting on those thoughts that prove what is in my heart.  (The good thing about this.. is those bad thoughts that come into your head..they don't make you a bad person... acting on them does.... dwelling on them does but not thinking them.) I have learned that when God ask me to forgive it is as much for me as it is for the other person.  I have learned that loving God with all my heart and soul and might and loving my neighbor as myself does take effort, but it is well worth the effort.  I have learned that when we live like God ask us to live we never have to fear death...and everything else in our lives is easier.  I have learned that there are still some really hard days but I am never alone in those hard days.  I have learned that there is a peace that passes all understanding.  I have learned that I have to do my homework to know how to live right but the time it takes to do my homework is given back to me a hundred times over because that I don't have to spend near as much time fixing things I messed up...I don't spend time worrying to the point of not being able to move.  I have learned that when I learn what God ask of me that the decisions in my life are much easier... it reduces my choices down to only what is good for me.  Right living not only saves me from death at the end of my life it saves me from feeling dead inside myself on a daily basis.  I have learned that God chooses only what is good and right and just an fair and I can never go wrong when I listen to Him guiding me... I have learned that I will never learn it all so I need to always, always do my homework.

No comments: