I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3.8.11

Numbers 11:1a Soon the people began to complain about their hardships, and the Lord heard everything they said.  Then the lord's anger blazed against them.

My Thoughts
God is really working on me about being thankful and not being a complainer.  I think we tend to complain out of habit.  We notice what is wrong instead of what is right.  We can have a hundred things go right in our day. But when somebody ask how our day has been we tell them about that one wrong thing that happened. We have been given so much yet we tend to look at that person that says I am so blessed like they are strange. Complaining seems to be common practice.  We hear people complain when gas prices go up...but we don't hear people being thankful when they go down...they just complain that they went up in the first place. People complain about taxes and forget to be thankful about roads that get us from here to there.  People complain about government, then turn around as talk about what the government should do for them. We complain when it is too hot and we complain when it is too cold. We, who have so much, complain just to be complaining.  Yesterdays verse said to "Make thankfulness our sacrifice." (Psalms 50:14) I am going to start today by doing this: Every time the devil puts a complaint in my head (he loves to tell you you don't have) I am going to speak out of my mouth three things I am thankful for.  I am going to do this over and over and over until my habit it not to complain, but to be thankful!  What are you thankful for today!!

No comments: