I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, March 17, 2011

3.17.11

Psalms 60:12 With God's help we will do mighty things, for he will trample down our foes.

My Thoughts
Our biggest foe is the devil himself...and he often uses us against ourselves... he tells us we can't, we are not smart enough, something is useless, we are not capable. If satin gets us to believe those things he can totally defeat us.  God is stronger than satin... God will trample down our foes... God will trample down satin, God will trample down the I cant's and turn them into I cans!  The Bible tells us that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13).  We can too!  I am learning this more every day!!... I am learning to ask God to help me be good at things that I can do... I need to step out and ask for greatness... I am learning when God tells me to do something He will help me do it... God never tells me to do something He is not going to help me with...that he has not prepared me for.

You may find this strange but I am learning so much about what God will help me do through my knitting, spinning, now weaving and crocheting... through my fiber.  God is using it to teach me about his mighty power and how he will help me with anything!!  It all started with a Knifty Knitter Loom... which I  bought in September.... I had been doing my daily Bible reading for nine months by then and learning to pray over so much in my life.  I prayed over that loom and I "got it"...I understood it.... and each time that I pray over it I get it more!... then I wanted to venture out... and Robby built me a simple spinning wheel... I prayed hard over that... and I got it!!... so Robby bought me a "real" wheel.... and I prayed over that... my spinning instructor said that I picked up spinning faster than anybody she had ever seen.  I can tell you it was God!...I asked God and he cared about the desires of my heart (Psalms 37:4). Now I wanted a weaving loom...for a new way to use my new yarns that I am learning to spin... John-Robert (my son) and I went into a store in Gatlinburg and saw a weaving loom... before I got home I had it mostly figured out in my head how to make it...then I talked it out with Robby and now I have it half built...and he is going to help me with the rest...and it is going to be a workable weaving loom!!... out of things we have around the house already!!...I am here to tell you that before I learned to ask for God's help all of this would have escaped me, totally escaped me... I would have never even at temped to figure out how to make something as seemingly as complicated as a weaving loom....I would have believed the lies the devil tells me of all the "I cant's"...In fact I looked at those Knifty Knitter looms for 2 years and believed the "I cant's." God is giving me the I can's and trampling down my foe. The sky is the limit when we do all things through Christ! I will be 50 this year...and I just learning about the I can's... I grew up believing the I cant's in my life.  If God cares that much that I want to be good at knitting, that I want to be good at spinning my own yarn... that I want to be good at weaving yarn into pretty scarves... that He would help me understand "how to." Just think how much he cares when He sends me out to do a task that he has ask me to do... If praying over my Knifty Knitter Knitting Loom...and praying over my spinning wheel ... and praying over my weaving loom can be so powerful... so can praying over my words, and my steps, my actions...my life. Every time we hear the "I cant's" in our head we need to step out on faith and ask God to turn them into "I can's"... He is waiting to chase away our foes all we have to do is ask! I am so excited to be taking this journey with God...I am so excited that God is on my side... He always was... I just had to learn to step out on faith, I had to get to know God... really know God and I have learned that if God will save me from death, that is the biggest thing... God wants to do those little things, and those medium things in my life...John 10:10 tells us that Jesus came so we could have life and have it more abundantly....I ask for life when I was 9... it took me 40 years to understand the abundently part...and the abundently part is teaching me the life part is real!

No comments: