I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 12, 2011

3.13.11

Psalms 55:22 Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

My Thoughts
"Give your burdens to the Lord"  How can God help us if we hold tight to our problems and don't let God have them.  This verse reminds me every time of a time when Robby and I were at an Mid-South a band festival watching our daughter.  It was really cold that night....the stadium was full...and when it was over everybody was in a hurry to get to their warm cars.  I tripped on a speed breaker... and feel... without missing a beat Robby swooped me up and kept me walking...I didn't even know I was hurt until we reached the car.  If he had not done that I would have been stepped on.  Robby did not permit me to fall to the ground and stay there because he loved me.  But, if I had fought him off... and not let him help me... if I had not given myself to his strength I could have been hurt badly... I could have been trampled.

When we take our burdens on ourselves we will slip and fall... often we ask where was God when?... when what we need to ask is where was I when?  When exactly in this situation did I fail to give the problem over to God... or when did I take it back.  The verse does not say if you believe in God he will take care of you... it says Give your burdens to the Lord and He will take care of you!  You see this is where our free will comes in... God gives us the choice.  We need to wake up each morning and give our feet, our hands, our words, our actions, our hearts and our burdens to God for that day...and we need to do it again the next day and the next day and the next day.  When we keep our burdens that is when we slip and fall... when we give it all to God, God will catch us every time and put us right back on our feet. 




No comments: