I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 7, 2011

3.7.11

Psalms 50:14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the most high.

My Thoughts
God sacrificed his only son for us.  All God as of us as a sacrifice is thankfulness. We need to be keenly aware that all that we have, all that we can do, all that we are is a gift from God. We are bombarded by media telling us that we don't have enough, that we need more food, car, home and toys. Just when we get a new cell phone there is another new cell phone we "have to have." We have become a nation of want, want want and want more.  We want, want, want and want more in the mist of having so much.  In third world countries people live in huts and tents piled up on top of one another daring to drink dirty water, and here we complain because we "don't have." We complain about high gas prices when we could live in a place where we didn't even have a need for gas.  We can walk out our door and complain more on the way to work that we should complain in a years time. God has showered us with knowledge, entertainment, warmth in the winter and cool air in the summer, food on every corner. Yet we go about our days complaining... talking about what we want that we don't have. Looking at all that there is out there to have and complaining that we don't have it.  We spend beyond our means to have, have, have. Over one million people lost their houses last year many because they put toys on their house mortgage because they had to "have." All God as of us for a sacrifice is to "be thankful."  We have so many reasons to be thankful in America.  But we all go to work and hear about what people are unhappy about, what people are sad about, what irritates people. Kids complain about what they don't have... where do you suppose they learned to complain?... Do they hear us being thankful? I think it must make God sad.

Today I am thankful for a my loving husband, my wonderful kids, my son-in-law who loves my daughter. My son's girlfriend that makes his days nicer. I am thankful for the ability to give them an education.  I am thankful warm house on a cold day and all I had to do was move a switch over.  I didn't have to chop down trees and build a fire, a house that feels like home. I have entertainment in my house every night by the flip of a switch.  I love having a crock pot that I can put food in and walk off for a whole day and come back and have dinner and warm and cooked to near perfection.  I am thankful that I can live where I want to because we have cars to drive to work in, no matter where that work may be.  I am thankful for my car especially because my daughter lives 5 hours away by car.  Without that car I would not be able to see her so often.  I am thankful for rain storms and sunshine...

Look at my list...and I have yet to begin.... but what does God hear... God is more likely to hear about that we want that we don't have yet.  God is more likely to hear that somebody hurt our feelings than if somebody blessed us.  Yet I believe with all my heart that we all have more blessings in our days than we have curses.  We need to learn to talk every day to God like we would if we lived in one of those third world countries and God appeared before us with all that we have in his hands and gave it to us like it was Christmas morning.  Think how thankful we would be then.  Just because we didn't not have, just because we didn't get it all one Christmas morning in the mist of having nothing, doesn't mean that it isn't a gift just the same.  We need to learn, to make an effort to go about our days telling God thank you!! Thank you!!! and Thank you!

You know what we would get in return for those thank yous? We would get a greater awareness of all that we have and our hearts world fill satisfied. When out of our heart comes complaints we feel empty... If out of our hearts came thankfulness we would fill overflowing!

No comments: