I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 21, 2011

3.21.11

Luke 5:4-6 When he (Jesus) had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Now go out where it is deeper and let down your nets, and you will catch many fish." "Master," Simon replied, "we worked hard all last night and didn't catch a thing. But if you say so, we'll try again."  And this time their nets were so full they began to tear!

My Thoughts
When God tells us to do something he has prepared the way!.... Even if we think our attempt failed we have succeeded way more than we may ever know... sometimes it is our job to plant a seed that grows long after we have been placed in another situation.  Like planting an oak tree for you grand children's children.  You will never see that tree as big as it will get but the tree grows even if you don't see it grow.  Jesus was ready for these fishermen to have a huge catch...it was in His plan... and in a place where they could not catch fish on their own they caught enough fish to tear their net.  Because it was Jesus' plan. It was God's plan in God's time.  When we feel God nudging us to do something we need to step on on faith that God has it all under control and if we do our part..the part that God is asking us to do... it will work out..it will all be okay!  God was greater than the fisherman, God commanded the fish.  God is greater than anything we face so when he sends us a task, when he commands our steps and we listen He has set up the rest in our favor.  Next time we hear God telling us to do something and we don't feel like it is something we can accomplish we need to think of the fishermen and how full their nets ended up.

No comments: