I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, March 27, 2011

3.27.11

Luke 7:47-48 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.”  Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.”

My Thoughts
As humans we tend to notice others sins...not because other people are bad people... more because we want not to be the baddest person... so we judge to feel better about ourselves.  These verses tell me that any sin keeps me separated from God, any sin...no matter what Joe or Cindy or Billy has done it is my sin that keeps me from God...I  don't need to let their sin separate me from God because I think my sin is less... as a Christian I need to be excited and happy and love others enough that I feel joy that another person is forgiven... I need to feel joy that I am forgiven... I need to thank Jesus over and over that he would forgive me of anything... I never need to worry that my sin is less than someone else's sin or more than someone else's sin... I need to remember that any of my sin... all of my sin....no matter what value people put on it is sin. It is not Joe's sin or Cindy's sin or Billy's sin that makes me a better or worse person...it is not their sin that makes me closer to God or further from God... it is my own sin  that gets in the way.  I need to love God with all my heart and all my soul....and love my neighbor as I love myself... (Luke 10:27). I need to be thankful that Jesus forgives me anything. I need to be aware, completely aware each and every day that Jesus would die for anything and everything that I have done wrong... and even if I had only committed one sin in my life Jesus would have still been on that cross for me... my sins put Jesus on the cross no matter the sins of anybody else... how could I not love somebody that did that for me!






No comments: