I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 31, 2013

Matthew 21:21-22 Then Jesus told them, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don't doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and it will happen.  You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it."
 
My Thoughts
I think, no I know that faith in all things that God can do through me, eludes me in so many ways.  What I am learning is that faith grows.  The more I know God the more I am aware of Him.  The more I know God the  more I see Him working in my life in so many ways.  The more I know God the more He does for me. The more I know God the more I can look back and see when He was there even when I wasn't loving Him like I should.  The more I know God the more my faith grows. 
 
Our faith so too often is constructed on our experiences with people, with humans. And often our faith in anything is shattered by the very people that love us. Then there is Satin, himself talking in our heads telling us not to have faith in anything. He knows that if he can shake our faith then we loose the power that God gives us over him. 
 
My faith has not moved a mountain yet. But it is growing.  The more I get into God's word, the more I understand how much God loves me, the more my faith takes root.  As I learn to see God in my life I recognize His hand in all that goes on.  The more that I understand that all that is good comes from God, the stronger I get in the faith that God is always there for me.  The more I understand that love, true perfect love is from God, the more I "get it!"  The more I speak God's word over my life and see the fruits of that, the more of God's words I speak over my life. 
 
My faith is growing, but I have a hand in growing that faith.  My part is taking time to really know God. In turn God teaches me ways that improve my life and in doing so grow my faith even more.  God tells us in Philippians 1:6 that He will finish the work He begin in us until the day of Christ return. This means that God will keep growing me and one day I will be able, with my words of faith in God, toss a mountain right into the sea!! 
 
Imagine what the world would be like if we all grow our faith so strong that our words make things happen.  Imagine planting a seed and saying, "Grow beautiful and strong and feed me." I can't wait to have that kind of faith!  I will get there!!  

No comments: