I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 17, 2013

1.17.13

Matthew 12:17-21 This fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah concerning Jesus: "Look at my Servant, who I have chosen. He is my Beloved, who pleases me.  I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.  He will not fight or shout or raise his voice in public.  He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. Finally he will cause justice to be victorious.  And his name will be the hope of all the world.
 
My Thoughts
I thought just after I read this, "If we are to be like Jesus, we  need to pay close attention to what Jesus was like." So I went back and read this carefully looking at the things I can do.  In these verses it tells us that Jesus pleased God. That is something I can do my best to do.  It tells us that Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit.  Once we accept Jesus, God sends down the Holy Spirit to live inside of us... we can listen and do what the Holy Spirit tells us to do.  It tells us that Jesus did not fight or shout or raise his voice in public... we can do that. It says that Jesus did not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle... this tells me that Jesus was gentle and that He didn't not crush the hopes of people... we can do that.  He caused justice to victorious... there are times when we can be a part of doing this too.   Jesus' name is the hope of the world... we may not be able to be the hope of the world... but we can be hope to the people around us... we can do for people that we see in need... we can pray for people.. we can be a part of building hope and never tearing it down. 
 
I can't be like Jesus if I don't pay attention to what Jesus was like.  We tend to think we know what Jesus was like even if we have never read scripture.  Today I realized that even though I have read my Bible through 3 times I didn't set my mind on knowing what Jesus was like...I thought to myself, "How can I be like Jesus if I don't pay attention." I have decided today to take notes!!
 
 

No comments: