I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, January 19, 2013

1.19.13

Matthew 13:18-23 18 “Now listen to the explanation of the parable about the farmer planting seeds: 19 The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message about the Kingdom and don’t understand it. Then the evil one comes and snatches away the seed that was planted in their hearts. 20 The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. 21 But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God’s word. 22 The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God’s word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced. 23 The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!”
 
My Thoughts
Forever I was stuck as the seed on rocky soil and seed that feel among the thorns.  My faith could be shaken so easily.  Worries crowded out everything. I have heard this story on and off all of my life. I didn't understand  how to be the good soil!!  I felt like I had no control of that... that my soil was just not good soil. Poor me!! 
 
Then my son gave me a One Year Bible...and I begin to read it every day... I was determined to read it every day for a year!!!  Do you know what begin to happen... my soil was getting weeded... the rocks begin to be thrown out.  Good soil takes work!!  Good soil has to be weeded... you have to pick out all the rocks as you find them.  You many not know where the rocks are...but the more you tend the soil the more you recognize the rocks and the more you know the difference between the flowers and the weeds. 
 
Some people inherit good soil...they are taught from a young age... when that seed gets planted it takes hold and takes root.  Others of us we were given rocky soil, or thorny soil...some of us grew up on the footpath with cement underneath. Some of us have had rock and thorns thrown on our paths.  But we can have good soil!!  It just takes work and desire.  As we read God's word and talk to God we are pulling up the thorns and throwing out the rocks... some of us are even using a jackhammer to remove the footpath to find the rich soil underneath.  But it is there if we work at it. 
 
God's word tells us that if we seek understanding we will find it (Matthew 12:12). It is within our power to have good soil!!  This year will be my forth time through the One Year Bible that my son gave me. Each time around I gain a deeper understanding.  Each time around I throw out a few more rocks and pull up a few more thorns. Each time I pick up my Bible and seek understanding my soil grows richer... my faith grows stronger.  We have the power to understand... God is that power and if we seek He will  provide the understanding.  Growing us until the end. One day each of us can reach the place where our garden overflows with a crop bigger than we could have ever imagine when we first started.  But we have to start.  

No comments: