I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1.8.13

Matthew 7:3-5 "And don't worry about the speck in your firend's eye when you have a log in your own.  How can you thing of saying to your friend, "Let me help you get that speck out of your eye,' when you can't see past the long in your own eye. Hyprocite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye."

My Thoughts
I know we all know that this means don't judge another person's sins you have sins yourself!!   But today as I was deciding which verse I wanted to write about, to ponder on I kept being pulled back to this verse.  So I thought there must be an even deeper meaning there. 
 
Here is what came to me in my thoughts.  What we see with our eyes is processed through our brains, which are subject to our own life experiences. Even twins have different life experiences.  Not one single one of us can truly understand how another person process their actions.  Even if we could get into someone else's thoughts, those thoughts would be processed through our brain. Our brain which still has it's own life experiences as a filter for every decision we make.  Our brain which has a personality unique to each one of us.
 
So as much as we want to be helpful to others we can't make those decisions objectively.  The only, only, only way to get rid of the log in our own eyes, is to go through God.  To ask God if a person needs our help and how He wants us to go about helping.  God sees the situation crystal clear. He also sees how we see the situation and how others see the situation. 
 
We will all always have logs in our eyes, those logs are life experiences that skew the way we process everything, every single thought that goes through our heads.  Not only does that log in our eye skew our vision, it often blinds our vision completely.
 
Not only is our vision skewed by life experiences... it is also skewed by limited knowledge.  Just think of how different a child sees things, then a teenager sees things.  How different we saw things at 30 than we see them at 40 and 50.  How different our grandparents see things.  Knowledge changes how we view each and everything that happens.  God is the only one with complete knowledge. 
 
We will always, always have a log in our eye... so we need to always, always go to God for guidance on how to do help ourselves and how to help others.  And when to just keep our mouths shut!

No comments: