I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, January 13, 2013

1.13.13

Psalm 11:5 The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates those who love violence.
 
My Thoughts
There is nothing more that the devil likes better than to sneak things in that God hates.  Doing it so slowly that we don't even know it.  I remember TV when I was a little girl.  It was all about "perfect" families.  Families that we probably couldn't be like... but at least we strived to be like them.  Then somewhere along the line we were convinced that striving to be "so good" was bad for  us. Because it was impossible.  Now children on TV don't respect their parents, they make fun of them and everybody laughs. 
 
I also remember that when the movie Bonnie and Clyde came out, I was only 6 years old, but the controversy about the violence was so talked about that I still remember.  By the time I was an adult and watched the movie I was shocked, not at the violence, but at the lack of the drama and blood in the violent scene. That was more than several years ago.   Now what we see in Prime Time TV makes Bonnie and Clyde seem less than G rated. 
 
Crime dramas started out with the show being all about bring justice to the bad guys.  It sucked us in... now the crime and the gruesome details are most of the show.  We are become less interested in the justice and more interested in what goes on in the minds of evil people. 
 
We spend way more time on watching evil for entertainment than we do learning about God's love.  We have become so desensitized to evil that we don't even recognize it for what it is.  I have slowly begin to turn some of what I see on TV off.  I use to watch shows like 48 Hours and American Justice all the time... a while back I decided that I couldn't watch those any more....and even with that decision I sometimes get drawn into one.  I must do better!!  I use to love Criminal minds and then one day they crossed the line for me. From where the crime was the show not catching the killer.  I don't watch that show any more even though I love the cast of regular characters. 
 
This verse tells us that God hates those who love violence... it tells me that I must be very careful not to let the devil pull me in on something that looks harmless. I need to watch what I let into my life it can become a part of my heart.  I must pay attention.  I want to be someone that God loves.
 
 

No comments: