I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1.22.12

Matthew 14:33 Then the disciples worshiped him (Jesus). "You really are the Son of God!" they exclaimed.
 
My Thoughts
I read this and though, "How did they worship Jesus there in that boat?" The thing we know that they did was give Jesus credit for being exactly who he was, the Son of God. When people bowed down to kings that was there way of saying, "I know that you are the king."
 
Then I asked myself how do we act when we worship something?  In our world today who do we worship?  What does that feeling bring out in us?  I am about to be a grandmother for the first time.. people tell me I will worship that sweet baby.  How do grandparents show that worship? They spend time with that baby.  They adore it.  They are happy in it's presence. They spend their money on it. The listen intently to all it has to say when it begins to speak. 
 
Then I thought about my uncle, he worships Mark Twain. He knows everything there is to know about Mark Twain. He can quote probably 50% of anything Mark Twain has ever said. 
 
Then there are football fans who worship their teams.  The celebrate those teams... they dress up in team outfits.  They follow the teams around... they make a festival out of a game. They come together with shouts of excitement. They know all there is to know about their football team. 
 
When two people fall in love... truly fall in love, they want to know everything about that person. And they want to tell that person everything about their life, their day.  They want to be with that person and talk to that person. They want to share the good and the bad of their day, or their life with each other.  They invest in each other.  They hold nothing back. They talk about their dreams and their worries to each other.  They talk about their fears and their successes. 
 
David held nothing back. He talked to God about his victories and he talked to God about his anger and frustration.  He talked to God about his worries and his successes. He talked to God about his dreams and his failures.
 
My experience growing up was of formal worship.  The prayers I heard people pray were in church, those more formal prayers. That is what I learned and that is all I knew to teach my children.  I wish I had know more. 
 
God tells us though that if we seek wisdom, he will give us wisdom.  Today God gave me this.  The knowledge that worship doesn't just come on Sunday morning with song and prayer.  Worship is not just a praise sent up. It is a constant.  We are in worship of God when we are learning about Him. We are in worship of God when we tell Him about our day, even the bad stuff.  We are worshiping God when we make a choice that pleases Him.  We worship God when we sit in silence and wait for him to speak to us. 
 
My son, John-Robert, who gave me my One Year Bible said to me once, he was about 17 at the time, "I never say amen unless I am praying in public. Because my prayer to God should never end. I need to be talking to God all the time."  I asked him that day, "What do you pray about all day?" He said, "I just tell God about my day." It took me 8 years and 3 times through my Bible but now I understand!! 
 

No comments: