I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1.9.13

I started January 1 handwriting the New Testament... boy do you hear God's word differently when you can't miss a word!!  I think this may be as life changing as picking up my One Year Bible was!!   What I am doing is handwriting the New Testament and Proverbs each day that is in my daily Bible reading. I really want to encourage you to hand-write the words of Jesus! 

Psalms 9:10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.

My Thoughts
I really set about this morning thinking about searching for someone.  I thought of my sweet dog, Shaggy.  I am his world... he loves Robby and John-Robert and Madison...but he LOVES me, he loves me the most...the very most.  When I leave the house and come home he is looking out the window searching to see if that is me out there.  He is waiting for me at the door when I walk in.  When he goes outside and comes back in he goes straight to the places I usually am, searching for me.  I am told he is very pitiful when I am gone from home.  When Robby is home and the phone rings Shaggy listens to see if it is me, he pays close attention, searching for Robby to say to him, "Mama is on her way home."  Then he goes straight to the window and watches.  To Shaggy I am the one who loves him and protects him.  In everything he does Shaggy looks for me and makes sure that I am there and that I am ok with what he is doing. 
 
As I write the words of the last paragraph ... "Shaggy looks for me and makes sure that I am there and that I am ok with what he is doing." I already know that I fail God ... there is so much in my day where I don't stop and say, "God, are you ok with this?" Just yesterday  I was completely, totally lazy.  I know by the way I felt by the end of the day that that was not ok with God.  Because God does not want me feeling like I felt around 6 pm.  If I had been seeking God about my plans for the day...they would have been different.  I seek God each morning by reading His word.  I pray little prayers here and there through out my days.  But I don't seek God in all that I do, I don't look to God for every plan that I make about my day.  I so often just go about "living" life.  I want to live life like God wants me to.  I try real hard to not act in ways He would not want me to act.  But do I search for Him and ask Him if what I am choosing is ok? Not nearly enough!!! 
 
I already know as I type these words that I need to do a lot more seeking through out my day!  A lot more.  If I do that God will not abandon me.  How many times have I not felt God's presence ... only the times when I have not ask Him to be present in my choices!! 
 
These words are going on my frig... I don't need to forget them for one second!!


No comments: