I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, January 20, 2013

1.20.13

Matthew 13:33 Jesus also used this illustration: "The Kingdom of Heaven is like the yeast a woman used in makeing bread.  Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough."
 
My Thoughts
I have read this before, it never before captured me like it did today!!  I thought, "Every day I spend a small part of my day reading God's word and over time it has permeated every part of my life." I thought of how it took a little while to get into all parts of my life. But when we add yeast to bread it takes a while to rise to get into all of the bread.  If you walk into a room where yeast rolls have been cooked you can smell them before you have seen them. When you break open the roll you can see little pockets everywhere where the yeast made the breads rise.. no part of that bread is got a place where yeast had not touched it. Then you bite into it and it is sweet, just the right amount of sweet... it taste like love.  You know the kind of love a grandmother gives...she loves you with her actions, her words and her food. 
 
When somebody loves God, when they seek after the Kingdom their presence is like that.  You can walk into a room and almost know they are there before you see them.  The room is somehow filled with the peace of God through their presence.  All of their actions say, "God is a part of me." The way they love you makes you feel special.
 
We can be this person... if we spend time with God... if we take time to soak up the wisdom of the Kingdom of Heaven. It doesn't take all of our time... just a part of our time and the rest of our days are touched by the things we learn.  Our part is to take time in each day to sprinkle in the yeast.
 
I had some yeast for friendship bread once (thank you Judy Hardwick for the reminder on today of all days!). That yeast took a little of time.. it had to be divided and feed.  I had to keep it going.  I cooked with it almost every day.  When I quit feeding it I lost it. 
 
If we quit feeding our faith we can forget God's promises. We can forget how God expects us to act.  Our love for others can be squashed out by the worries of this world.  We have to keep feeding our faith in God by the continued renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2).  We have to feed our souls with words from the Kingdom of God.  When we do every part of our lives will be touched.  We can be so much more when we add the yeast of God and His word, than we ever could without it. 

No comments: