I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 10, 2013

1.10.13

Psalm 9:10 Save me so I can praise you publicly at Jerusalem's gates, so I can rejoice that you have rescued me.
 
My Thoughts
Yesterday I passed a man in Walmart with a loaf of bread in his hand. As he passed me he lifted his hands in the air and said, "Praise Him!" I lifted my hands in the air too that moment. Then the man said, "You know don't you! He promised us bread!"  This man was praising Jesus publicly.  The man that passed this dear man just before me, I had seen it from a distance and didn't know what was going on, picked up his pace to rush pass the man praising God.  I bet if there had been a crowd standing there praising Jesus, that man would have rushed toward the crowd to see what was going on! 
 
Today as I look on yesterday, which brought me great joy, I think of how I should praise God each time I put an item into my buggy. Why? Because God had provided for me enough that I can put those things in my buggy.  Each and everything that I place in my buggy, anytime that I shop, is a gift straight from God Himself.  I need to be publicly proud and thankful that God has given me so much. 
 
As Christians we must quit being politically correct and we must become God correct!  We must do what God calls us to do.  David was considered a godly man and he couldn't wait to praise God publicly.  Neither could this man I ran across yesterday!  I need to take my cue from them!!  God has blessed me with so much, the least I could do is acknowledge God in all that He give me! No matter where I am!!   
 
 

No comments: