I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, January 4, 2013

Psalms 4:4-5 Don't sin by letting your anger control you.  Think about it overnight and remain silent. Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust in the Lord.
 
My Thoughts
Four years ago today this was the first verse I wrote about.  Well the first part of this verse...I didn't put the second part "Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust in the Lord."  I especially love this verse this time around.  I so see it as a useful tool.
 
When I started thinking of how to use this in my life the first thing I thought of was Psalms 50:14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God.  Then I thought of how anger makes me sin... because anger makes each of us sin in different ways.  When I get angry or frustrated with someone I tend to talk it, them to death to Robby. Over and over for a couple of days. When I do this it really doesn't help me...it makes me worse.  I have gotten better at finally taking control and stopping myself... but the bigger my anger the longer it takes me to do this.  What I don't do is remain silent...and in the process of thinking about it give my sacrifices to God in the form of sending up thanks to God for all that I have, for all that He has given me. I don't send up thanks yous for the person that has upset me...and if I love them enough that they can upset me... I love them enough that I should be always thankful for their presence in my life. 
 
I believe that this verse needs to go on my refrigerator so that I will for sure be reminded when I am angry to take control of my anger and keep my mouth shut (remain silent).  Then I need to think about it over night... If I am silent while I think I will be able to hear God and He can help me with my thoughts.  Then I need to start thanking God ... making a mental list... I need to use my voice to send up my thankfulness to God.  I need to keep at it giving thanks for everything I can think of. 

I am excited about this verse!!  It is going to do several things in my life ... it will bring me closer to God... give me control over anger and frustration, which gives me more control over my life...and it will strengthen my relationships with the people around me.  As always doing what God says is a win!!

No comments: