I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1.29.13

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me.  Don't stop them!  For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children." And he placed his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left.
 
My Thoughts
I never read this verse without thinking of my children when they were little.  That age where parents know still know all and can fix all. That age when children still know deep in their hearts just how much you love them. I think of them running to Robby when he would get home from work, so excited to see him.  Climbing up in his lap, bring things for him to fix, telling him about their day. Telling him the good stuff and the bad stuff. Listening to any story he had to tell them.  Wanting his approval.  They would just soak him all in...and they knew that he was soaking them all in.  They would leave nothing out in what they told him. 
 
That is how we need to be when we go to Jesus. Loving Him, letting Him love us. Giving him our problems. Telling Him our ever need and want. Telling Him how much we love him.  Depending on him to take care of us.  Giving Him our all!!  Wow!!  Can you imagine what our lives would be like if we would go to Jesus with such great abandon!!

No comments: