I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, January 5, 2013

1.5.13

Matthew 5:18-19 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest  detail of God's law will disappear until it's purpose is achieved.  So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called least in the Kingdom of heaven.  But anyone who obeys God's laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
 
My Thoughts
Every part of what God ask us to do matters!!  We don't get to pick and choose... and we don't get to tell other people that their bad choices are ok either.  This does not mean that we should go around judging people and pointing out everybody's faults.  But it does mean that if we are asked that we can't go against God and what He would ask by being sweet and agreeable either. 
 
We teach others best by our actions.  If we tell white lies we are teaching others to tell white lies. If we use bad language we are teaching others it is ok to use bad language.  On the other side of this..when we do what is good and what is right...we teach the people around us to do what is good and what is right.  We never know who is watching us and who our actions speek to, who they teach. When we obey God's laws we teach others to obey God's laws. 
 
There is a lady at my church that I love dearly.  I have learned so much from her words.. but I have learned more from how she acts.  Her words of wisdom are always in line with how she conducts herself.  Each day I try to be more like her.  What she does with her life greatly effects my life. It even effects Robby's (my sweet husband) life.  Just the other day he said, "If Mrs Kay told me to do it, I wouldn't ask any questions I would do it!"  I am watching Mrs Kay, Robby is watching me and somebody is watching Robby. How we act effects so many people...and teaches so many people. We need to never think that our actions don't matter.  If we are always doing our very best to be the person God wants us to be. To follow even the smallest of God's wishes,  our lives will be good. And what we teach others will be right and good. 
 
Looking back at my life there is so many things that I have taught to others, my children, my friends that I wish I could change now.  Those things would so make me least in the Kingdom of Heaven.  I can't undo them.  But what I can do is ask God for forgivness and move foward doing the best that I can possibably do.  Learn as much as I can possibly learn. Surround myself with people that love God and can teach me to love God more. Then maybe my new example will undo some of the wrongs that I have done.  Maybe my better life will make others want what I have.  I pray that God gives me a chance to teach by example...and I pray that He directs my steps so that what my life teaches will be pleasing to Him.   All of our actions matter... all of our actions teach... it is our choice what they teach.

No comments: