I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, January 14, 2013

1.14.13

Proverbs 3:13-15 Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable then silver, and her wages are better than gold.  Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you can desire can compare to wisdom.
 
My Thoughts
For some reason this made me think of the Civil war and how Confederate money became useless. People had put their stock in money.  They went from having so much to having nothing.  That printed paper that bought them so much...that they put stock in became worthless.  The people that had amassed wisdom and had God on their side...the were the ones that came back from such a hardship. 
 
It also reminded me of how we use to make sure we knew something...but now so much is at our fingertips that we depend on being able to find the knowledge instead of storing knowledge in our heads.  I can't tell you one phone number to my friends that are not numbers that were pre-cell phone.  I don't store information like I use to.  I would not be surprised if this experience and the need to depend on God is why the Southern States are called the Bible Belt.  Those people had to depend on God. 
 
I can tell you what the Bible says...but I don't have the verses memorized for right where they are because I can use the little knowledge I have to find out just what verse I am thinking of on the Internet.  But what if all the satellites fall out of the sky???  I have not stored up that wisdom so I can easily go to my Bible and find what I need. I need to work on knowing those things.. be diligent at it!
 
We need to store up wisdom, it is important.  We need to know things... we need to seek the wisdom of God first and foremost. We need to put our Bible verses in our heads and hearts.  And we need to know how to do things that are important to our everyday lives.  There is wisdom in knowing how to build something... or how to cook... the ability to manage money takes wisdom.  God tells us to seek wisdom. God tells us He will give us wisdom if we seek it (John 6:26)...but we have to do the seeking for God to do the giving!!  Above all we must seek Heavenly wisdom...that wisdom will change everything!!
 
God tells us to be wise, Jesus told his disciples in Matthew 10:16 to be as shrewd as snakes but as harmless as doves.  We can't be shrewd without wisdom. It is our job to seek after it!!  We must do our part.  The wonderful thing is.. when we do our part... God will shower us with the blessing of His wonderful wisdom!

No comments: