I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, February 1, 2013

2.1.13

Matthew 21:43 I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce proper fruit.
 
My Thoughts
When we read this we might think, "What can I do? I can't make a difference."  But we can.  Robby, my sweet husband, and I were talking about tipping scales the other day. He drew one on a piece of paper for a visual, and pointed out that for a scale to trip all the weight doesn't have to go to the other side... it just has to move in a little toward the other side. You can put a big man on the inside of a see-saw and a child on the end and make the see-saw tip toward the side of the child.  Our nation is at a tipping point. 
 
Each and everything we do as individuals tip the scale of our nation, one way or the other.  Jesus tells us here that the Kingdom of God will be taken from our nation if we don't produce proper fruit.  Each time we produce proper fruit by making a right choice we shift the weight in our country that keeps God with us.  If we all decide what "I" do doesn't matter evil will win! 
 
God helps us when we put our eyes on Him.  We don't have to ask what the right fruit is if we focus on God, because God will tell us.  I see it in me each day, knowing things I didn't know before. Stopping to think about what God would want over something I am doing, that before did seem like it held in weight in anything before I put my focus on God.  Do I always do it right? NO!!  But more and more often I am tipping the see-saw in the right direction. God sees that and He rewards us for those actions by giving our country favor.  The more of us that keep our eyes on God the more difference we will see in the world.  The more times we choose to turn off evil on our TV sets the less evil will end up being that.  We have the power to save our country. Each of us! By choosing God and listening to Him tell us what the right thing is.   Our every single decision matters.
 
How we act matters in ways that we will never see.  Just like the ripple in the pond...the ripples are still going outward after the rock has sank to the bottom of the water.  Our actions ripple out...our actions touch the lives of others.  When people see that standing up and doing what is right matters, even if it is just a little bit, they choose to make a right choice. 
 
I have the power, you have the power...that power comes straight from God.  He is all powerful!!  If we live in a way that our fruit, our actions honor Him ... He will stay with us!! 
 
Today when you make your choices remember that your actions... each and every one of them...the choice to do the right thing... could be the very choice that keeps the see-saw from tipping away from God.  Your choice, my choices have the power to keep our nation strong.

No comments: