I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2.26.13

Mark 8:22-25 When they arrived at Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus, and they begged him to touch the man and heal him.  Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village.  Then, spitting on the man's eyes, he laid his hands on him and and asked, "Can you see anything now?"

The man looked around. "Yes," he said, "I see people but I can't see them very clearly.  They look like trees walking around."

Then Jesus placed his hands on the man's eyes again, and his eyes were opened.  His sight was completely restored, and he could see everything clearly.
 
My Thoughts
This was a blind man...seeing people that looked like trees walking around was in itself a blessing!!  The man could have left his answer at just yes... but if he had  he would have missed out on the faces of his loved ones and friends... His life would have been better...but still not as productive as it could be with complete sight.  He was completely honest with Jesus, he told him the details.  When he did his sight was completely restored. 
 
How much do we miss out on because we don't tell Jesus everything? How much do we miss out on when we don't see the whole picture clearly and we stop at that?  How much do we miss out on because we are not completely honest with Jesus, telling him every one of our feelings?   How much do we miss out on because we say, "I understand this"...but then we don't say, "But I don't understand this?"
 
I don't give Jesus my all when I don't tell Him everything!  I pray often through out my day.  Little prayers here and little prayers there... I have got to learn to talk to Jesus, talk to him... all day every day!  Telling him every detail. Then like the blind man I can be completely restored, not partly restored!
 
 

No comments: