I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 14, 2013

2.14.13

Psalm 34:11-14 Come, my children, and listen to me, and I will teach you to fear the Lord.  Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous? Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies!  Turn away from evil and do good.  Search for peace, and work to maintain it. 
 
My Thoughts
We all want to live a long time... here is how... we must watch our mouths!!!  It is a must.  I know it can be so hard!!  We have to learn that even if we are slap dab in the middle of saying something we shouldn't we have to stop!! 
 
And look at this part... search for peace... this tells me that peace is not easy to find!!  We have to look for it. It tells me that in every situation that is a peaceful place and it is our job to seek it out and live in that part of the situation.  Look here.. it also says "work" to maintain it.  Peace takes work. Work is not easy either!  Maintaining peace is work.  So even if nobody else is working ... we have to do our jobs... hunt for peace and work at maintaining it. 
 
I want to live a long time... I want to see my grandchildren grow up and I want to see them have babies of their own.  Looks like I will be busy shutting my mouth and searching from peace...and working hard to live in that peaceful place.  I am so thankful that God tells us how!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bible passages you select are beautiful and inspiring! Your reflections on the versus help me to relate the bible into my personal life on a daily basis! This is my favorite blog, read it everyday! God bless, and keep up the great work!
(: