I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, February 11, 2013

2.11.13

Proverbs 8:33-36 "Listen to my [Wisdom's] instruction and be wise.  Don't ignore it.  Joyful are thos who listen to me, watching for me daily at my gates, waiting for me ourside my home! For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord.  But those who miss me injure themselves. All who hate me love death."
 
My Thoughts
Look what wisdom, which comes straight from God's word, brings us.... joy, life, favor from God. It says here that we are to seek wisdom daily... we are to be anxious to learn all that God has to tell us!!  Romans 12:2 tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  We can not change our lives to please God if we do not know God's word. 
 
These verse go on to tell us that when we do not seek wisdom we injure ourselves...all who hate wisdom love death. 
 
We can make excuses, we all tend to do that, that we don't have time... that we love God's word but there is just not enough time in a day.  We have to be so careful not to be indifferent.. careful not to go about thinking we know enough.  In Revelations 3:14-16 it says this:
“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
 
We can't wait...we can't put it off until tomorrow... we have to start today!!! Right now!! Renewing our minds, seeking wisdom.  Matthew 27:21-23 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.  On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ We can not keep God's law if we don't know God's law.  It is not enough to know what it says... we must know it and act on it. 
 
In Matthew 27:20 Jesus says "Just as you know people by their fruit, you can identify people by their actions."  Think about falling in love... when you fall in love you want to spend ever waking moment with that person... you can't stand to be away from them... you want to know everything about them.  If we love wisdom, if we love God... our action of love would be to spend time learning, taking in all we can about God and his love, God and his laws, God and his wonderful wisdom. 
 
Matthew 6:33 tells us that if we seek God first all that we need will be added.  We so often go about it all wrong...seeking all that we think we need...then if we have time we seek God.  If we would take time to seek God and his wisdom...then everything else would fall into place for us, God would add it!
 
Our lives depend on God... on seeking God. We need to take that as seriously as we would take chest pains if heart disease ran in our families.  We need to be all in!

No comments: