I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Psalm 33:18-19 But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.  He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine.
 
My Thoughts
This verse makes me think of my MawMaw... she love God!!  I never remember her lacking for anything.  She was a widow for at 26 years and lived on Social Security...she was 96 when she died.  She paid her house off early...I remember running into her that day.  She was celebrating and she gave me $20..she said I just paid a little extra here and a little extra there... I thought I had a few more years to go...but today I only had to pay a little over $100 and my house is paid for!!  On a Social Security check she paid her house off early.  She was always helping other... she took many kids into her home in times of need. I heard many a story of how she "treated me just like I was her own."  She took care of her children when they needed her...she always had enough to feed others and to feed herself.... I would often hear her talking to God out loud. I never once heard her complain because money was tight... I know why too, because  God took care of my grandmother because she was in awe of Him, because she loved him!
 
Over the last three years I see God talking care of Robby and I in that same way. Every time He calls for us to step outside our comfort zone and give extra our savings seems to grow by that amount.  We are never in "need" for anything.  Before I would have thought that "we" were doing good. Now I know that God is watching over us. He watches over us in so many ways... the closer we get to God the better our life gets...we talk all the time about how God is taking care of us.
 
I look back on our lives at the harder times and think how much easier they would have been if we had just trusted God like we do now.  I feel so very thankful that God made sure that I would get to know Him...to really know Him... He loves me so much that He put my One Year Bible in my hand through my son so that I didn't have a choice but to read it at least once.  I am excited to think that if I live to be 98 years old I will have been blessed to have read through my Bible 50 times. If it changed my life so much in three years..what will it do in 50 years?!?!?!

No comments: