I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, February 15, 2013

Exodus 40:38 Then the cloud of the Lord hovered over the Tabernacle during the day, and at night fire glowed inside the cloud so the whole family of Israel could see it.  This continued throughout all of their journeys.
 
My Thoughts
I read this today and thought, "How could these people ever do wrong with God right there with them?" It amazed me.  Then I got to my New Testament reading and read Mark 1:10-11 As Jesus came up out of the water, he saw the heavens splitting apart and the Holy Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice from heaven said, "You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy."  Just before that in verse 8 John the Baptist says "I baptize you with water but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.  I thought God was with the Israelites in the cloud and fire, Jesus sends down the Holy Spirit to engulf us, to cover us, to pray when we don't have the words, to live inside of us, to guide and teach us....  how can we go about doing wrong?? 
 
What I am learning as I read through my Bible again and again is this.  The more I know God the less I do wrong.  The more I seek after wisdom, the more wisdom comes to me as I live out my day.  God makes me able when I make the effort. 
 
Proverbs 9:12  If you become wise you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.  God was with the Israelites teaching then... instruction them all the time.  God is with us... His word teaches us. The Holy Spirit is inside of us.  We have to tap into those resources.  Proverbs 9:12 tells us that we suffer if we ignore wisdom... we ignore wisdom if we don't pick up our Bibles for ourselves and read and learn.  We scorn wisdom when we don't learn to talk to and listen to the Holy Spirit inside of us directing our steps, our words, our actions.  We have the opportunity to benefit from God and all of His wisdom... but we have to make the effort!! 
 
Before I picked up my Bible I loved God because I was suppose to... because I didn't want to burn in Hell.  Once I started reading and learning all that changed.. now I love God because I he loves me so much I can't help but love him.  I have so much growing left to do... so much... I am way behind, I started late.  But you know what? That is ok... God met me where I was and He grows me every day... He forgives me every day and the Holy Spirit inside me tells me how to do better.  Sometimes the Holy Spirit has to tell me and tell me and tell me...then one day it finally sticks.  But I have learned to hear Him. I am learning that when God tells me to do better it is because He wants the very best for me. 
 
God loves us with a love that is bigger than any human mind can even imagine.  I didn't know that before.  I heard people say it... but I, me, Jeannie didn't know that.  Wisdom taught me that... I can't wait to see what else wisdom teaches me. 

No comments: