I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2.27.13

Mark 9:1-7 Jesus went on to say, "I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Kingdom of God arrive in great power!
 
Six days later Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and led them up a high mountain to be alone. As the med watched, Jesus' appearance was transformed, and his clothes became dazzling white, far whiter than any earthly bleach could ever make them. Then Elijah and Moses appeared and began talking to Jesus.
 
Peter exclaimed, "Rabbi, its wonderful for us to be here! Let's make three shelters as memorials -- one for you, one for moses, and one for Elijah." He said this because he didn't really know what else to say for they were all terrified.
 
Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my dearly loved Son. Listen to him." Suddenly when they looked around, moses and Elijah were gone, and they saw only Jesus with them.
 
My Thoughts
Peter, James and John were standing with greatness...they were standing with three men who had been to heaven, who had lived in heaven... Three men who had all the answers.  They were getting to listen in on a conversation of such power and wisdom.  But Peter couldn't keep his mouth shut!!  Is it any wonder that God came down and said, "This is my dearly loved son. Listen to Him."
 
I wonder how much we miss out on because we don't keep our mouths shut?   How often do we sit down to pray, the we talk and talk and talk... never listening.  How often do we interrupt God when He is giving us the answer in our quite moments.  How often should our prayer be a minute of talking and and hour of listening.  Yet we go about praying and talking...then we go on our way before we ever take time to listen. 
 
What words of wisdom did these three men miss out on?  We will never know... in Peters haste to speak he stopped the conversation.  A conversation between three men who had lived on this earth and been in the presence of God. Oh what knowledge they must have had! 

No comments: