I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 28, 2013

2.28.13

Mark 9:50 Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses its flavor, how do you make it salty again?  You must have the qualities of salt among yourselves and live in peace with each other. 
 
My Thoughts
I cooked pinto beans just a couple of nights ago.  They seem to take a lot of salt before you began to taste the salt in the beans and I like to taste the salt in my pinto beans.  When I got to this verse I stopped and thought about salting those beans..then salting them some more and a little more.  Then when I put them on my plate I salted them yet again.  After all when I added the cornbread to the beans I had diluted the taste of the salt.
 
God's word is our salt!  When there is no salt in our lives it takes a bit of salt before we begin to taste that salt...before other sees the salt in us.  It takes a while to sink in to become a part of us.  We need to add enough salt for it to be tasted, to be seen. Enough to effect our lives.  And as we add in the things of this world, we need to salt those things with more of God's word.  We have to add in more so the salt in our lives does not become diluted with the things of the world. 
 
When we find ourselves not living in peace among each other, we have lost some of our slat... it is our red flag that we need to get busy salting our lives with God's word.  God's word will change us... it will make us better people... it will make us stronger, more confident, loving, peaceful, and on the list goes on and on and on... but we have to keep adding in the salt... because no matter what we do the world will keep adding in other things. 
 
I heard this on the show Monday Mornings the other night... I won't get all the words just right...  In every man there are two dogs. One is bad, one is good. The one you feed the most will become the strongest.  The world is going to feed us no matter what is going on.  We have to get busy feeding the good, with God word so that when we go out into that great big world touched by so much bad, the good shines through. 

No comments: