I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2.20.13

Mark 4:26-29 Jesus also said, "The Kingdom of God is like a farmer who scatters seed on the ground.  Night and day, while he's asleep or awake, the seed sprouts, and grows, but he does not understand how it happens.  The earth produces the crops on its own.  First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of the wheat are formed, and finally the grain ripens.  And as soon as the grain is ready, the farmer comes and harvest it with a sickle, for the harvest time has come.
 
My Thoughts
John 1:1 tells us  that in the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God.  This tells me that God's word is part of the Kingdom of God. When we study God's word, even just a little bit each day, that word grows in us day and night. It makes a difference in our lives.  These verses also tell me that God knows that it will take time for us to grow.  If we plant the seed of God's word into our lives it will take root and change us. It will take root and change our lives, slowly but surly it will grow into something amazing.  It changes us even while we are sleeping!!  How awesome is that!! When we study God's word and grow in Him, when harvest time comes we get taken up with the harvest!!  This just excited me!! 
 
I am learning that as I read God's word I am like a snowball collecting snow.  At first I was just that little grain of sand... so as I rolled over in the snow I collected just a little bit...but each time I roll over I collect more than I did the time before.  I can feel myself learning more and more, understanding more and more, each time I read God's word. I love knowing that God's word is growing in me even when I sleep!! 

No comments: