I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 24, 2013

2.24.13

Mark 7:6-8 Jesus replied, "You hypocrites! Isiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote, 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. For their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.' For you ignore God's law and substitute your own traditions.
 
My Thoughts
We have to be so careful that we don't take on man made ideas and twist  of God's word as the truth, the way to act.  That we don't use what man says is acceptable... what our neighbor says is acceptable. What our friends say is acceptable.  We have to look to God's word, we have to pray and listen careful to the Holy Spirit and choose what God says is acceptable. It is so easy to accept what people say... If they can put things in a way that make our actions seem ok the we can go about feeling ok.  Feeling ok does not make our actions ok.  Others actions don't make our actions ok. How people treat us does not give us the license to mistreat them.  We must act on what God tells us, what Jesus taught people while He walked here on this earth.  We must turn to God and ask Him what is acceptable...then when that seems too hard to do...we must ask for His grace to make us strong enough to be the people that He ask us to be. 
 
How often do we turn to people when we don't want to hear what God will tell us?  We have to be so careful of this... we have to, even when it is hard, especially when it is hard,  to do what God would have us do. When we choose God's way our lives grow in amazing ways! 

No comments: