I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2.13.13

Psalm 34:4-7 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.  He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
 
My Thoughts
Oh how I love this!!!  Recently I had a really bad Lupus flair... I let myself get consumed with fear.  The fear of always hurting! I know it was a spirit of fear because each day I fell deeper and deeper into such a darkness and each day I hurt more.  I could feel the actual weight of that fear putting pressure on my body and causing me more pain.  I was spiraling out deeper and deeper into that fear. 
 
Then one morning I read about faith in my daily Bible reading...and a friend posted about Jesus asking the man at the healing pool, "Do you want to get better?"  I knew that I had forgot to put my faith in God. I had forgotten that God was in control. He was in control if I asked him to be...I had forgotten to ask.  That day I sent up a prayer for God to take over. My husband had left for work and I was in tears, tears of fear and desperation....when he got home from work God had sent down his angel to surround me and I was filled with radiant joy!!  I was laughing and smiling and feeling good when Robby got home.
 
I can tell you this was straight from God. As soon as I sent up that prayer I felt the weight of darkness lifted from my body.  My pain level went from about a 7 to about a 2... my spirit went from darkness back into the wonderful light of God... light that is made straight from love. 
 
God's love is amazing.. it is life changing.. our part is to choose to live in that love... we have to make that choice over and over and over... we have to be constantly aware that we have that choice..then we have to choose God's love over all else.  God's love is greater than any fear we have... we have to give that fear to God! When we do God will send down His angel to defend us... and great joy will be the end result!

No comments: