I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 3, 2013

2.3.13

Exodus 17:10-13 So Joshua did what Moses had commanded and fought the arm of Amalek. Meanwhile, Moses, Aaron, and Hur climbed to the top of a nearby hill.  As long as Moses held up the staff  in his hand, the Israelites had the advantage.  But whenever he dropped his hand the Amalekites gained the advantage.  Moses' arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up.  So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on.  Then they stood on each side of moses, holding up his hands.  So his hands held steady until sunset. As a result, Joshua overwhelmed the army of the Amalek in battle. 
 
My Thoughts
There are several lessons in these four verses.  One as long as Moses held his hands, his heart toward God he was winning the battle.  Two sometimes it gets hard, life happens around us, the battle is huge and we are exhausted. We need friends, godly friends that will pray with us and for us. That will step in and do when we can't do it any longer.  Three, no where in here do you hear Arron or Hur fussing, or complaining, or criticizing Moses because He couldn't do it any longer...they stepped in. They did for Moses what he couldn't do at the time.  They focused on God for Moses.  Their support got Moses through.
 
I am reminded of this past week... I had been in a Lupus flair for several weeks and it was getting worse and worse.  I was surrounded by such a darkness that I could not see God. I knew deep down that He was there...but I was so exhausted and tired that I could not lift my head. This morning I was scared because I felt so lost in the exhaustion and pain and darkness.  Then God put two people in my path that I could hear.  I had more people than that praying for me... but He put two people in my path with just the right words.  One posted the perfect story from God's word, the other listened with such understanding ears, ears that made me feel not so all alone.  Two people just like Moses had that day.  By the time my husband got home from work he had a smiling happy wife, he had left the house with a scary depressed, crying wife.  Two people had held me up until I could hear God again and God defeated the spirit of fear and darkness that had engulfed me. 
 
A painted picture of me Thursday would have looked like a shy with clouds so dark that you could feel a tornado brewing...the of a straight line at the end of those clouds with a sky so bright, a sun that looked like a happy child drew it and the lines of a wind blowing the darkness away.  The contrast was beyond any picture I could paint.  But two people who got me pointed back to God with love and support and changed my world. 
 
We have to be those people. We have to surround ourselves with people that will do that for us. Several people had been trying so hard to help me...but I needed just those two people.  We can never pass up the chance to hold someone hands toward God.

No comments: