I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, February 22, 2013

2.22.13

Mark 6:4-6 Then Jesus told them, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family." And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them, except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them.  And he was amazed at their unbelief.
 
My Thoughts
We have all seen a person that has lived a truly horrific life of sin trust in God and be so changed in a instant... so truly changed. Changed so much that we could be jealous of the change... their ability to so trust in God, and in the fact that God gave them so much. 
 
How often do we miss out on all that God has to offer us because we limited our belief to what we hear? What we have heard all of our lives.  How often do we limit our belief on what we are taught when we are only being taught part of the Bible? How often are we so close that we don't see it all?
 
That is why it is so important for us to read our Bibles for ourselves.  There might be a promise in there that we need, that we can ask for, that we have never heard about before.   How many promises do we miss out on that are important to our lives?  So often we are taught in Sunday School or in the pulpit what has been important to our teachers and our preachers because they teach what they know, they teach about what has effected them. And that is all wonderful, and from them we can learn so much.  But there is so much to learn that we can't learn it all from others.. we have to take time to learn for ourselves too.
 
I just missed out on so much that God has for me before I started reading my Bible daily.  Each time I pick it up I learn more and more and more.  I get more and more amazed at how alive those words on those pages become.  And now when I hear my teachers talk and my pastor preach...those words mean more to me because I have read them...I can connect better with what they are saying... I can question them when I see it differently. 
 
When I take time to read my Bible I can better discern the truth of God word when Satin tries to twist those words around to confuse me. 
 
When I take time to read my Bible I can truly know who Jesus is... instead of trusting on my preconceived notion of who Jesus is. 
 
The people closest to Jesus decided who Jesus was based on the fact that they knew His family...His family based Jesus on who they were not on who He was.... they didn't take time to really know who Jesus was.  To be able to believe, to be able to receive all that Jesus has for us... we have to truly know Jesus for ourselves.  When we do that ... oh the things Jesus can do in our lives!!!

No comments: