I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7.3.12

Psalms 1:1-3
Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.

But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.


They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.


My Thoughts
Oh the importance of God's word in our life!!  Here we are told that we should delight in God's word ...think about it day and night!!  When we do we will prosper even when times are hard!!  We prosper by knowing God's word.. thinking about it.. talking about it... learning how to apply it to our lives every day. 

My life has changed dramatically since I started reading my Bible every day.  If I had only known!!  From the outside looking in.. you might not really see it as very different... but if you lived in my head...and in my heart you would see amazing changes.  Peace, I have never known such peace!!  Love, I feel love all around me.. I feel the presence of God's love.. I love others more and I love myself. Calm..I have never known such calm in my spirit... things just don't worry me and bother me like they use to...sure I have moments.. but then I remember God's word and I take those thoughts captive and focus on God and all is better again.  Confidence...oh the confidence I have that God is here taking care of me!!... It is in His word that He will take care of me..that He loves me.. that He will give me strength to do things that I could not have imagined that I could do...and He does.  Wisdom.. God tells us that all we have to do is seek after wisdom and we will obtain it...we don't have to be scholars...we just have to want to know.. then God explains it to us in ways that we will understand... we just have to seek!!  Each day as I read God's word I learn a little more and a little more.. I am amazed at the things God is showing me.  Each day I get a little better at doing what God would have me do! 

I love these verse... the first time I read them I was not so impressed as I am now...I thought these words were for other people.. now they make me smile!!.. They give me peace.. they fill me with joy... because this time I know these words are for me too!!  I know that they are what God will do in my life!!  My part to love God and to seek after Him through His Word! 

So many of us wonder around looking for that "life changing" experience.  That "life changing" experience is in God's word... it will turn your world around..it will strengthen you and bring you joy.. it will make you feel loved... it will increase your knowledge ... it will grow you in places you didn't know you could grow... it is the most amazing thing you can do for you life once you ask Jesus into your life... somehow it takes root in your heart and grows the most amazing fruit. You want a positive, life altering, life changing experience in your life? Pick up your Bible..and read it...and read it again the next day and the next and the next...don't stop!! Then one day.. you will say "Joy Tingles!" Because it does!!

No comments: