I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 14, 2012

7.14.12

Proverbs 19:8 To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.

My Thoughts
When we seek to know God's word it improves us!!  It makes us better people.  We have to cherish God's word with passion!!  Like an Alabama fan or an Auburn fan cherishes football! A devout football fan doesn't miss a game...they know the stats of the games...they know which games their teams have won. A "real" football fan knows everything there is to know about their team.  They love that knowledge. And they plan their life around "the game."

That is how we should be about God's word...we should seek after it...we should not want to miss one day of reading it... we should study it so we know all the facts... it should be a part of who we are.  When God's word, the wisdom of God becomes a part of our everyday life it begins to shape our decisions, our words, our actions it becomes a part of who we are.. it becomes a part of all we do.  When we cherish God and His word .... that understanding  will make our lives prosperous.

We all want to do better...we all want our lives to become a little better and a little better and a little better. God's word tells us how... we have to start with the desire to acquire the wisdom written down in those wonderful words...once we get into God word then we begin to cherish the understanding that comes with those words.  The more we cherish them...the more they become a part of who we are.... we become better and better...and then all the things around us become better and better. 

God does not make mistakes.. and He he does no break His promises to us.  God tells us here that if we seek wisdom and cherish understanding that we will prosper!! We need to love God's word with the same passion a devoted football fan loves the game! When we do that God will make amazing changes in our lives!!

No comments: